Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hey Gmail, 1994 Called, It Wants Its Dial-Up Level Performance Back

Something is rotten in the state of Gmail. At least for some of us. I thought it was maybe just me when I tweeted a couple days ago about awful Gmail performance recently. But it's not just me. Dozens of people responded to me about that tweet. I tweeted about it again earlier today and dozens of other people responded. Some quick Twitter searches reveals many others noticing the same thing: sometime in the past couple of weeks, something has happened that has made Gmail almost unbearably slow. It seems to be particularly bad when I first start up Gmail in the morning. Then it often gets better. Then it gets worse again. A number of people I've spoken with have noticed the exact same thing ? including at least three of my colleagues here at TechCrunch. Opening an email can take upwards of 30 seconds to a minute. Sending one is even worse. And don't dare try to do an email search when Gmail is acting up.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/AGA_Ig2sNTQ/

TRANSACTION SYSTEMS ARCHITECTS TOTAL SYSTEM SERVICES TNS TIBCO SOFTWARE TIBCO SOFTWARE

No comments:

Post a Comment